The progress of science and technology can usually bring us a better life. If you ask Mommy what is the best invention of mankind, they will definitely say-diapers. In the 1960s, the world's first diaper was launched in the United States, which enabled moms to start a new way of parenting. Diapers can not only provide a dry environment for the baby's skin, enable them to enjoy a fuller sleep, but also liberate moms from tedious and repetitive tasks, so that they have time to work hard and have energy to enjoy life.
Understand the diapers-the "physical structure" of diapers
Generally speaking, diapers are composed of three main parts: the surface covering layer, the absorbent core layer and the base fabric.
1. Surface coating
Close to the baby's body, its main function is to ensure the rapid penetration of urine and effectively prevent back seepage, keeping the surface of the diaper dry. The diapers on the domestic market are basically a non-woven surface layer. The breathable non-woven fabric can increase the degree of air permeability inside the diaper. Water vapor can circulate outside the diaper to discharge moisture and heat in time, effectively reducing the chance of diaper rash. , Soft and comfortable without irritating the skin.
2. Absorb the core layer
The main function of this layer is to be able to capture and quickly absorb urine, disperse urine or diffuse it into the entire core layer through capillary action, and finally absorb and store urine.
At present, the absorbent core of diapers on the domestic market is mainly composed of pure wood pulp (fluff pulp) and super absorbent resin (SAP) in a layered structure.
3. Bottom cloth
Many foreign diapers have used non-woven fabrics that feel more comfortable and breathable. The market price is relatively high. The bottom fabric of domestic diapers is still mainly composed of PE plastic film, which has poor air permeability.
Buying diapers-tips for purchasing diapers
1. When buying, pay attention to whether the label on the package is standard.
According to the provisions of my country's light industry standards on diapers (including diapers/pads), the sales package of diapers should indicate the following:
A. Product name, adopted standard number, executive sanitary standard number, health permit number, trademark;
The name and address of the production company B;
C product variety, internal quantity, product grade;
D The batch number of the production date of the product.
2. Make the most suitable choice through trial.
Each manufacturer has its own personalized design, which is different in length and width. Mommy can choose according to the actual situation of the baby and her own preferences, whether it is suitable for her baby or not, but also bravely try, so the most practical method is just At the beginning, buy a small amount, and then check the purchased diapers according to the following reference standards of "easy to use" diapers, and see the effect before deciding the final brand and product to buy.
Reference standards for "easy to use" diapers:
*Fit and comfortable
The most important thing is that the diapers that babies wear every day to fit and fit the body. The diapers with elastic design can well cooperate with the baby's activities and avoid red marks and friction.
This can reduce the frequency of replacement and will not disturb the sleeping baby. And fast absorption can reduce the time of urine contact with the skin, which naturally reduces the chance of diaper rash.
*Dry and no re-seepage
If the butt is always in contact with the wet surface, the baby must be uncomfortable and will be prone to diaper rash.
* Breathable and not stuffy
Breathability is an important condition for protecting the baby's tender skin.
3. Try to use well-known brand diapers.
The diapers are in direct contact with the baby's skin. Choose well-known brands. The quality of the materials and the production and hygiene environment are more secure and more assured.
4. Try to buy in large shopping malls or supermarkets, because the purchase channels are guaranteed.
Use of diapers-tips for using diapers
Important principle: Every baby's skin condition is different, and the applicable products are also different.
Trilogy of Skills:
1. After the baby uses wet wipes (there are special baby wipes on the market) to wipe clean the small buttocks, and thoroughly clean the baby's skin every time the diaper is changed, which will help reduce the possibility of skin irritation.
2. After cleaning, apply a layer of diaper cream to protect the baby's small buttocks.
3. Finally put on new diapers for the baby.
Time requirements for changing diapers:
In principle, the diapers should be replaced as long as they are wet or dirty. Generally speaking, the diapers should be replaced within 4 hours, and they must be replaced when there is stool. But Mommy can't "real-time monitor" the baby at any time, and sometimes cannot know when the baby will have a "situation" (especially a baby). At this time, you need to pay special attention to the following points:
1. Before or after each feeding.
2. After each bowel movement.
3. Before going to bed.
4. When the baby wakes up.
5. When taking the baby out.
1. If you are allergic, stop using it immediately. If you find that the skin of your baby’s small buttocks is red, there are several options:
A. It may be okay to change to another brand of diaper, because the baby's skin has individual differences, and the physique is also different, so the applicable brands and products are also different.
B uses the most traditional diapers to transition.
C replaces the above two methods for a period of time, the baby may adapt to reusing this brand.
2. Use baby skin care products such as oil, powder or shower gel, etc., and special care should be taken not to let them stick to the adhesive strip, so as not to reduce its adhesion. Or choose a diaper with no glue waist tape, even if it gets on it, it won't affect it. In addition, a big advantage of the non-adhesive waist tape is that it does not worry about sticking to the baby's tender skin.
3. Mommy should clean her hands before changing diapers to prevent bacteria in her hands from contacting the baby's skin.
4. The diapers should be stored in a dry and ventilated room not exposed to direct sunlight to prevent rain, snow, and ground moisture, and they should not be stored together with polluting or toxic chemicals.